War, Snow and Fire War, Snow and Fire

striking

I thought it was fantastic. Your minimal use of colour to get a distinct graphic style worked extremely well IMO. I think every animator should make a silhouette movie at some point because it really teaches you how to compose your shots and pose your characters well. Loved the texture through the backgrounds too which, with Harry's music and no sound effects, made it feel to me like a moving storybook. A well-written one, I might add. Congrats on the awards, looking forward to your next one :D

Valerofond responds:

A million thanks Adam, means a lot coming from you :)

Fågelskrämman Fågelskrämman

aw poor scarey

Excellent work Dan. Good design on the characters and backgrounds. The winter design was just great. As we watched his life pass by with the seasons, it would have been good to see a bit more of that deterioration over time (seams opening, colour fading, fabric fraying, spider webs, etc). The changes in weather and lighting made for some very nice atmosphere and moods that worked well with a great choice of music. Keep up the good work man, looking forward to your next piece :D

Daani responds:

Thank you so much Adam for that constructive review. It means a lot to me and you know it!:)

Killed off on Christmas D Killed off on Christmas D

Top stuff

Your dialogue writing has always had something special Nathan and it's improving all the time. The audio quality seems to be improving too (get a new mic, did you?)

My favourite bits are the 'pit of fierce cats' and the fat cat struggling to get up and walk XD. Good to see the medium make an appearance at the end.
Looking forward to the next one to see where/if it goes from here :D

munchmed responds:

i was quite proud of that cat, it has a few issues but i like how it turned out. im actually recording with the video camera and then cutting out all the noise :) seems to be working fine!
thankyou! yes, well a dead character is always going to bring the medium in :D
thanks again!

PipsQuakz Driedel PipsQuakz Driedel

so very sisco

love your style man.. very nice work :D
(fire fx NICE!)

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Look up at the sky Look up at the sky

chill

great visuals and love the audio. I listened to it looping for a good half hour.

These Pancakes Are Tiny These Pancakes Are Tiny

that was, and still is great

That was excellent Matthew. The lip sync is very well animated and I noticed all the little details (wilting plants in the living room, coffee cup rings on the coffee table). Very nice work.

Chris & Harry Chris & Harry

fknawsm

loved it! Pissed meself the whole way through.. now excuse me while I go clean up.

Oney responds:

Holy cow thanks man!

Inanimated Inanimated

fat mis mifsyf

Really impressive man, and funny. Good writing & direction, I really like the way you've set up some of those shots and the palette of desaturated blue gave the whole thing a nice moody theme. Favourite shot was the bedroom, with the lightning outside.

The harassing phonecall scenes were hilarious dude, the acting, expressions and that shot of box peeking through the blinds XD
Then the murder: "what have I done?"
"you stabbed me until I was dead... "
hahah great

Good work on the voices too, btw :D
I'm curious as to what your "new really quick method of lip sync" is. Seems to have done the job.

Monster's Dream Monster's Dream

:O :D

That was great.. true random done with skill. Nice character animation,
I loved your nightscape colour schemes and the lighting. The moon and waterfalls were nice too :)

This review is insanely well received!
animatorjones responds:

you just made my day. or week, whatever.

from you, this review is gold to me lol

you better keep giving me a reason to want to improve! you're the best there is.

-jones (a true fan)