22 movie Reviews with Responses

Turd Eating Cat Turd Eating Cat

very like

second best thing I've ever seen

aap responds:

So it isn't better than breasts, eh? Okay, I can live with that.

LARRY episode 2 LARRY episode 2

bloody hell

that was amazing mate. Holy shit. I laughed, I cried. My eyes bled, my ears popped. This goes right into my favs.

Jazza responds:

an honor my friend, thanks so much! It's great to have a fellow Australian animator like yourself to look up to. Forgive my response to your review turning into a suck-upy review of your work but your art is an inspiration to me so thank you :)

RedHand RedHand

Atmosphere

Proud to have been a part of this! Nice work and great atmosphere man. Looking forward to the next part.

Shayphis responds:

Honored to have had you on board :) I'll continue to do my best :)

War, Snow and Fire War, Snow and Fire

striking

I thought it was fantastic. Your minimal use of colour to get a distinct graphic style worked extremely well IMO. I think every animator should make a silhouette movie at some point because it really teaches you how to compose your shots and pose your characters well. Loved the texture through the backgrounds too which, with Harry's music and no sound effects, made it feel to me like a moving storybook. A well-written one, I might add. Congrats on the awards, looking forward to your next one :D

Valerofond responds:

A million thanks Adam, means a lot coming from you :)

Fågelskrämman Fågelskrämman

aw poor scarey

Excellent work Dan. Good design on the characters and backgrounds. The winter design was just great. As we watched his life pass by with the seasons, it would have been good to see a bit more of that deterioration over time (seams opening, colour fading, fabric fraying, spider webs, etc). The changes in weather and lighting made for some very nice atmosphere and moods that worked well with a great choice of music. Keep up the good work man, looking forward to your next piece :D

Daani responds:

Thank you so much Adam for that constructive review. It means a lot to me and you know it!:)

Killed off on Christmas D Killed off on Christmas D

Top stuff

Your dialogue writing has always had something special Nathan and it's improving all the time. The audio quality seems to be improving too (get a new mic, did you?)

My favourite bits are the 'pit of fierce cats' and the fat cat struggling to get up and walk XD. Good to see the medium make an appearance at the end.
Looking forward to the next one to see where/if it goes from here :D

munchmed responds:

i was quite proud of that cat, it has a few issues but i like how it turned out. im actually recording with the video camera and then cutting out all the noise :) seems to be working fine!
thankyou! yes, well a dead character is always going to bring the medium in :D
thanks again!

Chris & Harry Chris & Harry

fknawsm

loved it! Pissed meself the whole way through.. now excuse me while I go clean up.

Oney responds:

Holy cow thanks man!

Monster's Dream Monster's Dream

:O :D

That was great.. true random done with skill. Nice character animation,
I loved your nightscape colour schemes and the lighting. The moon and waterfalls were nice too :)

This review is insanely well received!
animatorjones responds:

you just made my day. or week, whatever.

from you, this review is gold to me lol

you better keep giving me a reason to want to improve! you're the best there is.

-jones (a true fan)

The Stranger Forest The Stranger Forest

Amazing

You are a fantastic colour-stylist. There's so much to like about this movie (the animation, the creatures, the effects and story) but your varied use of colour from sequence to sequence is what really grabbed me. I especially loved the vibrancy of the fire dance sequence, followed by the subdued palette of the moonlit forest. Thanks for citing me as inspiration too.. I can certainly tell that you enjoyed animating the water effects :)

Belka responds:

Thank you :) Evey viewer's opinion matters to me, but I value yours more than most. I was using your campfire tutorial when drawing the fire, but I guess you can see several other things that were made after a very close inspection of your movies :)

Metal Gear Awesome 2 Metal Gear Awesome 2

two words: XD

Damn this is so fucking well done. So well written, acted and paced.
Your message at the end was a nice touch and thanks for linking the other movie, those guys did a brilliant job.

This review is insanely well received!
Egoraptor responds:

Woah woah what. Are you serious? Thank you so much Mr. Phillips! You are big inspiration!